Changes to your tenancy

Adding/Removing a member of your household

It is important to keep your tenancy information up to date with Parkhead Housing Association. Any changes to your household, such as the arrival of a new child or a family member leaving, should be immediately reported to the Association.

This can be easily done by filling out the Change of Household Particulars form online, and emailing it to the office. By keeping your information current, we can ensure that we are providing the best services to you and your family, and that all of your needs are being met.

This also helps us to maintain accurate records, and prevent any errors or misunderstandings from arising. We understand that life can be unpredictable and that things can change suddenly. However, by promptly informing us of any changes, you can help us to provide you with the best possible service.

Starting/Stopping employment

It is important to keep Parkhead Housing Association informed of any changes in your employment status. If you start or stop working, you must notify the Association as soon as possible. Additionally, if you are currently receiving Housing Benefit, you should also inform them of the change in your employment status.

If you have not previously made a claim for Housing Benefit, this change in employment may make you eligible for it. By keeping us informed of your employment status, we can ensure that your housing needs are being met and that you are receiving any benefits to which you are entitled. This can help to avoid any confusion or errors in the future.

Also, this information will help us to offer you the most appropriate services and support. We understand that changes in employment can be stressful, but by promptly informing us, you can help ease the process.


In the event that a tenant passes away and there are adult residents living in the same household, it is possible for them to succeed to the tenancy. However, certain criteria must be met before this can occur.

To be eligible, the person must have lived in the property as their only primary residence for at least six months preceding the tenant's death. On the other hand, if you are a joint tenant, you will have the right to automatically take over the tenancy if you wish to do so. It's important to inform the Association as soon as possible about the death of the tenant and about your interest in taking over the tenancy.

The Association will guide you through the process and verify if you are eligible to succeed the tenancy.